Here are some ideas on how to use curtain fabrics to freshen up your home.
- Use fabrics with different patterns and colours in every room of the house. Maybe there is one room that is all blue, and another with lots of yellow or orange. Combine different patterns and colours! The different fabrics will make each room unique, but still keep it cohesive, so it will not look like you bought them all at once!
- Also, try using different textures in the same room, such as velvets, silks and cotton, and combining them in different ways, such as pleats or flounces together with panel curtains. Combining different types of curtains can result in an elegant look while still maintaining all the comfort you need for everyday use.
- It is important to know what fabric you need before you start shopping, as there are many different types of curtains available. If you want something simple and elegant, look for cotton curtains with either plain designs or small prints.
- If you are looking for something bolder, consider polyester fabrics, as these are usually more colourful than cotton, but still let light through if necessary (these fabrics usually block more light than other types of fabric). For example, if someone wants their bedroom window to be covered when they sleep at night, but still wants light to enter their room during the day, this could be the perfect solution!
- Measure your window before buying fabric! Curtains in the right size will look finished. Be sure to include fabric for the hem or curtain tape when measuring.